1. Sin is ugly. Sin produces suffering and death. Sin must be punished. "The wages of sin is death"
2. Jesus is a beautiful Savior. God the Father was not punishing Jesus. Shortly before the crucifixion God said, "This is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased"
Jesus is sinless. Jesus "was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin"
3. Jesus was suffering because of our sins. The death of Christ paid the penalty for our sins. God shed the blood of Jesus as the way to heal our souls. "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him and with his stripes we are healed"
4. It is possible for you to be forgiven. Ask God to forgive and cleanse you through the blood of Jesus. "If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness"
1 John 1:9.
5. Jesus arose from the dead, so when you have received forgiveness you also receive everlasting life and will go to Heaven. "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life"
YOU MUST CHOOSE
1. Say "NO" to Jesus which means you will be buried in unforgiven sins and have eternal death.
2. Say "YES" to Jesus, which means all your sins have been forgiven through the blood of Jesus and you will have eternal life.
If you have chosen to say "Yes" to Jesus stop and pray to God. "Let us therefore come boldly before the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need"
Here is a sample prayer: "Thank you God for loving me, even though I am a sinner. I have chosen to say YES to Jesus and receive him as my personal Savior. Please forgive me of all my sins, through the blood of the Lord Jesus, and give me eternal life. Thank you, Heavenly Father, for making me a part of your family."
Here is a note to those who have already believed in the Lord Jesus as your personal Savior: When you see the suffering of Jesus, you should know that he is saying, "I love you." I hope that you will say, "Thank you Jesus", "I love you Jesus" and worship him. "Worthy is the Lanb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing"